Wednesday 28 May 2014

Cagliari - Sardinia


Cagliari

The first impression of Cagliari was excellent. We had a port captain pilot us into the marina, and had excellent assistance when docking the boat. The water front, reminds me of the Malecon in Cuba, as are the colored buildings with the small and well shaped balconies. Because Cagliari is on a hill, we get a good workout getting from A to B on our bicycles. The food is excellent over here, and I can recommend the local pasta (the size of pies) to anyone. No pizza so far, but I image that is in the near future as we will stay in Italy a bit longer. I am happy to report the local gelatti is of excellent quality. As I am typing this, we are enjoying a setting sun, and we just saw a flock of flamingos fly by. These birds are at home at the salt flats just next to the city.
Looking out over the Cagliary Harbour

Building on Mainstreet in Cagliari

Elizabeth looking pretty  and Clam Spagetti

No comments:

Post a Comment