Tuesday 20 May 2014

Crossing to Sardinia and Happy birthday to Mom (Jane Spiteri) – a perspective from the first mate

Crossing to Sardinia and Happy birthday to Mom (Jane Spiteri)

On departing Spain, we could not have had better sailing conditions.  We were doing a brisk 5.5 knts with the wind on our beam and the sea was a calm as an inland lake.  Waves no more than a few centimeters.  But the wind was lively enough we did not need to run the engine which was perfect for high quality naps in between night watches.  When conditions are so good, skipper and I are usually inspired to do different things.  Skipper has been learning the guitar from his computer and myself I have been doing lots of cooking and doing some research in mathematics with the help of Dr. Jim Lambers, a brilliant math professor teaching at the University of Southern Mississippi.  In honor of my mom’s birthday and her approaching move to the right side of the Atlantic (she is moving to Spain), I cooked a little Spanish meal that I wished she was there to share with us.  Happy Birthday Mom!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment